Atmore was well represented at the 4-H Chick Chain Show and Sale October 14 in Brewton.
A project of Alabama 4-H, Alabama Cooperative Extension System, Chick Chain is designed to teach 4-H members recommended management practices for growing and raising chickens. Participation helps 4-H members develop poultry management skills, learn to produce healthy chickens, develop an awareness for business management, develop record keeping skills (income and expenses), and realize the pride of accomplishment.
Following are area participants and their prizes:
* Judson Lee, age 11, son of James and Cindy Lee – Grand Champion: Pen (best 2 birds of the show); Reserve Grand Champion; Showmanship: Overall Winner; 1st Place in Americauna Breed; 1st Place in Intermediate Age Group.
* Abigail Landis, age 14, daughter of Dave and Mary Landis – First in Class; Third in Showmanship.
* Joshua Landis, age 12, son of Dave and Mary Landis – Third in Showmanship.
* Benjamin Landis, age 10, son of Dave and Mary Landis – Second in Showmanship.
* Isabella Sanders, age 12, daughter of Bryan and Jennifer Sanders – Third in Class.
The 21 participants were Silas Albritton, Temple Albritton, Logan Blake, Edward Bridges, Ashlynn Coleman, Walker Griggers, Ivy Hart, Kane Hart, Meri Elise Kent, Matthew Kirkland, Maegan Kirkland, Abby Landis, Benjamin Landis, Josh Landis, Judson Lee, Colby Lisenby, Collin Nelson, Keaton Payne, Tyee Rolin, Isabella Sanders, Perry Thompson.
Participants were from various schools – Precepts Christian Homeschool, Brewton Middle School, Pollard McCall Junior High School, W.S. Neal Elementary, Escambia Academy, Flomaton Elementary, W.S. Neal Middle School, Huxford Elementary.