WOD cancer walk set
News Staff Report
Each year, the Women of Distinction host and organize a walk to raise cancer awareness in the community. Dozens of walkers gather at Atmore City Hall and walk en masse to Houston Avery Park on MLK Avenue.
Most walk in honor or in memory of someone who has battled or is battling cancer. Some walk for themselves.
This year’s Annual Cancer Awareness Walk 2018 – A Walk to the Park – is scheduled for Saturday, October 13. The theme is Paint the City Pink.
Note the following scheduled:
* Registration ($10 per walker) 9 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
* Opening ceremony 10:30 a.m.
* Walk begins: 11 a.m.
T-Shirts are on sale now through September 1.
If you would like to purchase a T-Shirt, make a donation or have any questions, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com or a group member.
Women of Distinction
Officers and members of Women of Distinction are
* Yolanda Webster, President
* Paula Adams and Celia Betts, Treasurers
* Members: Paula Adams, Stephanie Barnes, Celia Betts, Chasity Brown, Kia Brown, Stephanie Buitron, Rita Bullard, LaTianna McMurray, Joann McCracken, Akia Tarver, Asha Sharp, Fannie Tarver, Yolanda Webster.