Students in Ms. Gerri McDonald’s Project Jubilee and Humanities classes at Perdido Elementary / Middle School recently won in multiple categories at the Annual Southeast / Southwest Regional Technology Fair held at Coastal Community College in Bay Minette.
The students could compete as an individual or in groups. They chose their own topic of interest, researched and developed the project in one of several categories.
Perdido students competed in the following categories: Multimedia, Hardware Robotics, Literacy and Productivity Design. The fair grouped students according to grade levels, with grades being paired; 3rd/4th, 5th/6th, 7th/8th, 9th/10th and 11th/12th.
Level 1 winners from Perdido were (some students placed in multiple categories)
* 1st place – Meadow Stidhim, Brylin Etheridge and Tiffany Stewart
* 2nd place – Lilly Joiner, Skylin Hadley, Zoe Brant, Coen Lambeth, Abigail Coleman, Brylin Etheridge, Tiffany Stewart, and Abigail Coleman.
* 3rd place – Deean Snow, Jeremiah Powell, Zoe Brandt (received two 3rd place trophies)
* Honorable Mention – Abigail Coleman, Brylin Etheridge
Level 2 winners
* 1st place – Hope Bates, Brandon Smith, Alex Cooper, Maranda Singleton and Stacie Wilson
* 2nd place – Hope Bates, Brandon Smith and Payton Wasdin
* 3rd place – Emma Claire Simpson, Kam Drinkard, Emma Claire Simpson
* Honorable Mention – Colton Wiggins, Stacie Wilson and Maranda Singleton (Stacie and Maranda received two honorable mentions)
Level 3 winners
* 1st place – Natalee Presley, Raven Ryland, Nathan Garner, Luke McIntyre, Aspen Gerald, Zach Coleman, Jackson Reid and Zach Coleman
* 2nd place – Ceanna Livermore
* 3rd place – Natalee Presley, Jackson Reid
* Honorable Mention – Chazney Livermore
All students who placed either 1st or 2nd are eligible to compete at the State Technology Fair which will be April 28.