Headlines News

Destructive blaze

Flames and smoke pour from a Liberty Street house that was consumed by fire during the earliest hours of Wednesday, Oct. 25. Firefighters from Atmore and Poarch fought the blaze for four hours before finally taming it. The man who rents the wooden structure, from which reports show that flames danced to a height of 30 feet, was not at home when the fire started around 1 a.m. An AFD spokesman said indications are that “an electrical malfunction” was the catalyst for the destructive incident.

News photo by Tom Tschida