Special to Atmore News
Author Max Parker and the Revision Research Team (RRT) led by Barbara Poole Harris are reaching out to Escambia County Training School Alumni to help revise the 2nd edition of the ECTS book titled, Remember that time …
Specifically, Parker and Harris need your assistance to gather information to cover five new topics to be included in the 3rd edition of the book. They are as follows:
- Short Stories (2-page limit) describing unique, challenging, life-changing, comical, or romantic experiences as an ECTS student. (While all students are invited to submit their stories, only 15 of the most interesting or unique ones will be printed in the book.) The author will be available to help you tell your story if you need assistance.
*Note: All stories must be submitted to Max Parker no later than June 1, 2023 to his address:
5426 NW 48th Place
Gainesville, FL 32606
His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Feeder Schools were those in the Atmore area that sent students to ECTS after they completed the highest grade offered. Some of these were the Lutheran School, Pleasant Hill, Freemanville, Robinsonville, Canoe, Little Rock, Huxford, and Nokomis. If you attended any of these feeder schools, please contact Barbara Poole Harris at (251)454-7245.
- First Achievers are ECTS students who were first to accomplish something important while attending school or after they left or graduated. For example, the student could have been the first valedictorian, salutatorian, college president, fraternity or sorority member, medical doctor, airline pilot, lawyer, city mayor, millionaire, or inventor of a product or a service,.
If you know any ECTS graduate who fits the First Achievers Category, please contact Max Parker at (352) 359-3958 or email him at email@example.com.
- Class Information: If you participated in the 2nd edition, you may keep all your information the same or make any changes you prefer, i.e., photos, address, phone number.
- If you are participating for the first time, please provide the following information:
a. Current photo
b. Last year you attended ECTS
c. Last job you held since high school
d. How you have changed since you left ECTS
e. Current address, email address, and phone number (optional).
“I am excited about revising the 2nd edition of the book, Remember that time …, and I hope to have it in print by early Fall 2023,” Parker said. “Thank you in advance for your support and participation.”