Every school day counts
Help your child succeed in school.
School success goes hand in hand with being in school every day!
Did you know
* Many absences, even in kindergarten, can cause children to fall behind in school.
* Missing a day or two each month can make it harder for a student to learn to read by the third grade.
* Students with too many absences struggle to catch up, even with take-home assignments.
* All families have hopes and dreams for their children. Being in school each day will enable children to do well in school, and graduate from high school ready for college or work.
What can you do?
* Develop a regular bedtime and morning routine.
* Help your child lay out clothes and pack backpacks the night before.
* Make sure your child has the required shots before school starts.
* Avoid missing school unless a child is truly sick and seek help if chronic illness is a challenge.
* Check with our school nurse or office staff if you are not sure about when to keep your child at home due to illness.
* If your child seems anxious about going to school, talk to teachers, school counselors, or other families for advice on how to make your student feel comfortable and excited about learning.
* Reach out to a family member, neighbor, or another parent if you are having trouble getting your student to school.
* Avoid taking family vacations when school is in session.
If you have any questions or concerns about your child’s attendance, please feel free to contact me, Cheryl L. Jones, Attendance Administrator, at (251) 867-6251 Ext. 1017. You may also visit the district website at http://www.escambiak12.net.