Career fair set for September 5
News Staff Report
Alabama Department of Corrections (ADOC) Career Fair will be held Thursday, September 5, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., at Atmore City Hall.
ADOC is seeking to hire correctional officer trainees and correctional security guards as well as support personnel, stewards, maintenance personnel, administrative support assistant and healthcare professionals.
The ADOC offers a competitive salary and benefits which include
* 13 annual, 13 holiday and 13 sick leave days
* paid training
* paid health and dental insurance
* 21 days paid military leave / state retirement plan
* longevity bonus after five years
* subsistence pay for certified officers
* probationary and merit increases (when available)
* State Employee Injury And Workman’s Compensation Program