News Staff Report
Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, located just outside Atmore and owned by Poarch Band of Creek Indians, was listed as one of the top hotels in Alabama in a U.S. News & World Report analysis of the state’s lodging establishments.
The national news magazine’s Top 15 hotels included the local hostel as the eighth-best stay in the state. The rankings were based on an analysis of expert and user opinions, an unbiased approach that U.S. News & World Report feels makes its rankings more useful than simply providing personal opinions of its editors.
Wind Creek Wetumpka, also owned by the Poarch Creek tribe, was listed as Alabama’s ninth-best hotel.
According to the analysis, the state’s top two hotels were along Mobile Bay: Battle House Renaissance Hotel & Spa and the Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa. Seven of the top 15 hotels are part of the Resort Collection along Alabama’s Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail.
Alabama’s top ranked hotels for 2019
1. The Battle House Renaissance Hotel & Spa – Mobile
2. Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa – Point Clear
3. Grand Bohemian Hotel – Mountain Brook
4. Marriott Shoals Hotel & Spa – Florence
5. Fort Conde Inn – Mobile
6. The Westin – Huntsville
7. Renaissance Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa – Hoover
8. Wind Creek Casino & Hotel – Atmore
9. Wind Creek Wetumpka
10. Elyton Hotel – Birmingham
11. Renaissance Riverview Plaza Hotel – Mobile
12. Renaissance Hotel & Spa at the Convention Center – Montgomery
13. Marriott Resort & Spa at Grand National – Opelika
14. The Admiral Hotel – Mobile
15. Perdido Beach Resort – Orange Beach