Atmore parade, third place – UP, K-9 Kleaners & Resorts
By SHERRY DIGMON
News Staff Writer
If you weren’t in the Christmas spirit before last week, you should be now – if you attended any of several events during the past week or so.
On Tuesday, December 4, the Chamber of Commerce’s Santa in the Park was held at Heritage Park. Thursday, December 6, the Chamber sponsored Jingle Bell Walk and awarded trophies for the best decorated windows in town.
On Friday, Poarch Creek Indians held their usual spectacular Christmas parade. The weather was good, a little chilly, but otherwise good.
Due to the threat of inclement weather, the Atmore parade was rescheduled from Saturday, December 8, to Monday, December 10. This was a good call by the Chamber because Saturday was indeed a washout. Monday night was cold – really cold – but dry, and folks bundled up and lined the streets. Bub Gideons, the Chamber’s Citizen of the Year, was Grand Marshal.
Winners of the Poarch parade were as follows:
* First place – Finding Nemo, Fred L. McGhee Learning Center / Education
* Second place – Frozen, Health Department
* Third place – Peter Pan, Tribal Emergency Management / Fire Department
Winners of the Atmore parade were as follows:
* First place – Lion King, Atmore Lions Club
* Second place – Mickey Mouse Club, PCI Tribal Gaming Commission
* Third place – UP, K-9 Kleaners & Resorts
* Judges Choice – Frozen, PCI Health Department
See www.atmorenews.com for parade photo galleries.