Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) 2017 NURSE Corps Scholarship Program applications are due May 11 and information is available online at https://bhw.hrsa.gov/loansscholarships/nursecorps/scholarship.
Helpline via the Bureau of Health Workforce at 800-221-9393; additional HRSA information online at www.hrsa.gov. The 2017 Application and Program Guidance is available online along with pre-recorded webinars.
As a student accepted or enrolled in a diploma, associate, baccalaureate, or graduate degree nursing program, you can receive funding for tuition, fees, and other educational costs. In exchange you must work at a facility with a critical shortage of nurses a Critical Shortage Facility (CSF) – upon graduation.
NURSE Corps Scholarship Program eligibility requirements are as follows:
* a U.S. citizen (born or naturalized), a national, or a lawful permanent resident;
* enrolled – or accepted for enrollment – in a professional nursing degree program at an accredited school of nursing in the U.S.;
* beginning classes no later than September 30, 2017;
* free from any federal judgment liens;
* free from an existing service commitment;
* not overdue on a federal debt.
Funding preference depends on financial need. Before you apply, read the annually updated Application and Program Guidance. Make sure you understand the terms and conditions of the NURSE Corps contract, which outlines the requirement for fulfilling your minimum two years of service at an eligible Critical Shortage Facility.