Special to Atmore News
The State of Alabama is offering grants up to $10,320 for volunteer fire departments that meet eligibility requirements. Total approved disbursements will be awarded to eligible applicants. The Alabama Volunteer Fire Department Grants are to support volunteer fire departments that have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The application process for this grant program is being administered by the Alabama Department of Finance.
- The application period for the Alabama Volunteer Fire Department Grant Program is open through noon March 25, 2022.
- Eligible applicants for this grant program are volunteer fire departments which have Tax Identification Numbers separate from the local government entity (county, city or town) they support.
- COVID-19 Recovery Grant Program application website:
A detailed information and FAQ packet for the program will be available at:
- Volunteer fire departments with questions about the application may contact the Coronavirus Recovery Funds Office at (334) 353-2749 or
email@example.com. Please include “Volunteer Fire Department Grant Program” in the subject line of the email.
Information required for application
- Contact information for the volunteer fire department, including the VFD’s
Employer Tax Identification Number.
- An up-to-date W-9 and banking information.
- Executed certification by the organization acknowledging source and eligible uses
of funds. This certification is included within the application.