The Atmore Public Library is sponsoring the Williams Station Day Pumpkin Decorating Contest again this year.
Decorate a pumpkin as your favorite children’s book character. Family participation is encouraged. Only one pumpkin per participant.
Pumpkins will be judged at Williams Station Day (October 23) and should be dropped off at the Atmore Public Library’s tent between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m. Judging will take place at 10:30. Pumpkins must be picked up by participant by 3 p.m. or they will be discarded.
Categories and rules are as follows:
- Preschool – Paint and accessorize your pumpkin (NO carving)
- Kindergarten through 2nd grade – Paint and accessorize your pumpkin (NO carving)
- 3rd grade through 5th grade – Primarily paint your pumpkin, some carving allowed
- 6th grade through 8th grade – Carve and/or paint your pumpkin
- 9th grade through 12th grade – Primarily carve your pumpkin, some painting allowed
For more information, please call the Atmore Public Library at 251-368-5234.