Monday, March 22, 2021
News Staff Report
Beginning March 22, vaccine eligibility expanded to include phase 1c and people 55 years and older.
The expansion to 1c includes people with high-risk medical conditions, additional critical workers, and people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. People in phase 1a and 1b are also eligible to be vaccinated.
The Alabama COVID-19 Vaccination Allocation Plan outlines the various phases, and is available here:
- Average 1st doses of vaccine shipped to Alabama per week — 110,00 -115,000
- Vaccine doses administered — 1,434,782
- Vaccine doses delivered to Alabama — 2,044,025
- Alabama healthcare providers enrolled — 1,265
- COVID-19 hospitalizations (as of March 21) — 47,158
Source: Alabama Dept. of Public Health