News Staff Report
The Chamber of Commerce chili cookoff has been on hiatus for a couple of years, but it was back Saturday, February 27, at Heritage Park.
Eight teams competed for the all-important bragging rights and the first-place plaque, which went to Triptek Construction. Comfort Care won second place, and The War Bama Chili Bar took third place and won the People’s Choice Award.
“We feel the event turned out wonderfully,” Chamber Executive Director Anna Norton said. “Although there was a little bit of wet weather, the event was still successful. We at the Chamber are grateful to be able to give back to the community through this event and that was made possible by the participants and event-goers alike. We are looking forward to seeing everyone at our upcoming events.”
In addition to the chili cookoff, the Chamber and Main Street Atmore held a raffle for a concrete patio, parking pad, or sidewalk donated by Triptek Construction. The winner was Arthur Mothershed.
Other teams were as follows:
- Atmore Community Home Care – Robby Cale and Alysia Presley
- Atmore Community Hospital – Tiffany Byrd, Tara Carter, Kathy Johnson, Tina Roberson, Kim Himes
- Atmore Flower Shop – Joyce Petty, April Karbellas, Nychole Petty, Manny Karbellas, Wendy Shelton
- I AM Roofing – Brian Ford, Angela Ford, Emma Hall, Alec Martin
- Stew Live Crew – Elliott Faircloth, Cody Black, Jordan Coon, Zach Brooks, Mark Rodgers