The Board of Directors of Pride of Atmore announces the creation of the Yard of the Month award program to show their appreciation and to recognize those homeowners who demonstrate superior effort in maintaining their property, and who, as a result, positively contribute to the overall appearance of Atmore.
The program will award it first winner on May 1. The program will award monthly winners during the months of April through September for landscaping, and for holiday decorations in the months of October (Halloween) and December (Christmas). Each monthly winner will receive special recognition and the honor of displaying the official “Pride of Atmore Yard of the Month” lawn-sign in their yard that identifies their property as the Yard of the Month winner.
Program Guidelines and Judging for the award will be provided by Pride of Atmore Board of Directors using the criteria below.
* Landscaping awards will be presented for the months of April through September. Awards for best Halloween decorations will be presented in October and best Holiday decorations will be presented in December.
* The award term lasts from the first day to the last day of a calendar month.
* The same property cannot receive more than one award in the same rolling 12 month calendar period.
* The upkeep of the yard can reflect the efforts of the residents themselves or that of a professional landscaper.
* During their reign as Yard of the Month, winners are expected to maintain their yard in the same manner that allowed them to win the title.
* Nominations will be received by the committee until the 25th day of the preceding month. In the event there are no nominations, the Board may consider suggestions from their membership with a majority vote.
Nominations for the May award are due by April 25 and may be dropped off at PHD Realty or Atmore News or may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.